Sunday, August 3, 2008

I MISS MY CHAOS:I AM AN INDIAN & I LOVE IT

I have been in the United States of America for nearly a week now and I can clearly see why it is considered the most advanced country in the world. In my short life I have not seen much of the world come to think of it, I have not even seen much of India. But I am sure that it would be very tough to find a country where civil society is more organized and disciplined than the one here.
The way traffic moves, the way people obey laws, the orderly fashion in which people disembark from a plane and so on is just jaw dropping. For me as a Hyderabadi just watching the manner in which traffic laws are obeyed made me want to just dig a hole and jump in to it. For every need of society there is the huge shop which is the size of the Metro in Hyderabad. They are so huge that, they make what we find in India seem as small as a pebble( hey ro... better than the h block f block comparison rite) .


All this feeling of awe and wonder lasted for initial four days. But ever since then I have realized that I miss the chaos of India. I miss the fact that I cannot cross the road any where than just zebra crossing. I miss those cab drivers weave in out of traffic as if they were in some hollywood movie. I miss haggling with auto drivers to get from one place to another. Because where I stay is such a small town that there no cabs either.There are no STD booths and trust me pay phones dont make up for it( and u know why I am saying this)


I miss getting cut off by crazy people on their bikes and screaming " Pagal hai kya m*******d ". I miss getting in to a crowded bus and jostling for space so that I can comfortably rest myself on some rod. I miss overhearing other people conversations and chuckling about it with your friends. I miss eating with my friends and having these loud discussions about anything and everything under the sun. The chatwala, the chaiwala and the biryani line at paradise which moves at the speed of light.

I miss my parents saying "please do not treat this like a paying guest accommodation". Most of all I miss my friends from work, school and college. Everyone here says hi or howdy with smile but there is little one can talk after that cant really blame them but ...Basically no offense America, I miss the chaos that is India. Getting use to this is definately going to take some time. Guys when I come back if I start saying stuff like oh my god!! this is what is wrong with India please please kindly slap as hard as you can.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I miss the chaos in ur head.....:)
Anytime ready for a slap!
ANd about f and h block- 'the buildings are not about bricks and mortar, but about ppl living in it'
Super dialogue na!!!

Anonymous said...

And keep coming bac like Bazooka!!!.... more chances for u to be a 'guest'...more chances for us to slap....less phone bills....more JOSHua.... nd more free stuff in ur ex-workplace.....:P

Anonymous said...

this is the first time i am actually leavin a comment on a blog...but ur state of mind is oozin out of this post...u come back and we shall have a lot of fun re....and dont worry...i'll wack Josh on the head everyday...esp for u :)

Anonymous said...

completely miss those breakfasts and lunches...ur imitation of people on TV...

One more Car,one more rider said...

I am coming to Texas to slap you... very soon...!

lonely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

awesome as usual.. miss u u jack ass!!! and i am dying to slap u!!

Anonymous said...

mo....1 more week and ul get the hang of it....welcome to the world of organized chaos....get a mob asap.....

gsk said...

welcome to the US dude! u should be so proud of ur friends... everyone is ready to fulfill your request of slapping you! I'm ready too, btw

prattaneja said...

great life dude....